Saturday, May 3, 2008

Fever, Fever, Go Away

We got a call Wed. afternoon that Callen was running a high temperature. I rushed to pick her up and take her to the doctor. She has strep; doctor gave us an antibiotic and said she wouldn't mind taking it. Yeah right! It is white liquid and smells fruity. Taking it in a spoon doesn't work; taking it in milk worked once; hiding it in juice - oh no! We even tried mixing it in ice cream but she must have smelled it or something as she would have nothing to do with it.

My poor baby! I hope she's getting better. She's eaten almost nothing for 2 days until dinner tonite. Callen and I are in Atlantic Beach; my friend Dianne came down to spend a few days with us. We went out to dinner and this is the first meal where she's eaten more than 2 or 3 bites in 2 days.

Any suggestions for getting her to take her medicine? I hate the idea of holding her down and forcing her to take it. If she got even a quarter of her dose today I'd be surprised. Please send advice soon! Thanks.

2 comments:

Mosshouse said...

Poor Sheila! (and Callen!), I would call the doctor and get them to give you a new prescription and take it to get refilled and add the kid flavoring she likes. Philip likes grape. Most pharmacies offer flavoring now.

I feel your pain. Little Philip has been running between 101-104.5 since Saturday at 1:00 a.m. We are headed to the doctor tomorrow morning, praying Little Helen doesn't catch it.

Unknown said...

Nathan had strp last week also - must be going around ;)

When he was a toddler, I mixed the meds with Dr. Pepper. Since he didn't usually get soda, he was open to taking it this way.

Hope Callen is better by now!