Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Sleep Saga

continues unfortunately.... We heard a slight noise on the monitor last night but then it stopped. A couple of minutes later we heard Callen screaming. I rushed into the hall heading to her bedroom but then noticed the crying was coming from DOWNSTAIRS! My heart leaped into my throat as I pictured my daughter laying in a heap at the bottom of the stairs. Luckily she hadn't fallen. However, she had made her way downstairs and been scared by one of our cats. This is the first time she's ever gone down the stairs at night like this in the darkness. We calmed her down and put her back to bed a couple more times before she finally stayed down. Luckily we have a door at the top of our stairs that we can lock. I'm sure the cats didn't like not being able to come upstairs but at least our little wanderer couldn't try it again last night. I had so hoped she would be back into decent sleeping patterns by this point....

1 comment:

Mosshouse said...

I'm so sorry, Shelia! Have you tried putting a safety door knob attachment on Callen's door that makes it harder for her to open it at night?