Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Oh The Joys

of working at home. With all my travels over the past month, this is the first day I've had to work at home in quite a while. I hope to get some writing done on a manuscript that has been pushed to the back burner for way too long.

One of the things I love about academia is the autonomy. I can work at home, the beach, or anywhere else that I so choose as long as I have the resources I need -- usually a computer and Internet connection -- to do my research, grade papers, etc. Of course, I have to be in the office and/or department at various times to teach and for meetings; however, I treasure the time that I can spend at home, the beach, etc. working. I don't think I would be happy in an 8-5 job where I had to be in an office each day.

Here's to many more days of working at home!

No comments: