Sunday, June 8, 2008

How often ...

does work get in the way of things you want to do? This weekend we were supposed to be in NC at a mini-grad school reunion. Unfortunately, however, with me being sick week before last and then being out of town for a conference last weekend I was way behind on some proposal reviews that had to get done by today. So, we didn't go. I was really looking forward to seeing everyone, hanging out, and seeing an area of NC to which I had not previously been. I hope our friends don't think badly of us. I know they went to a lot of trouble to organize this. I hope the others had fun! Maybe Beth or Jammie will send us some pix so we can see all the fun stuff that they did.

Do you find that work gets in the way of doing things you want to do? I know I struggle with this a lot, especially as a parent. Work-family balance is very hard I think. Luckily I have a great husband and I don't worry about leaving Callen when I go out of town for work; but I do miss having those times with my family.

For those who work, how do you do the work-family balance? Does it get easier with time?

No comments: