Monday, January 14, 2008

Out Teched By A 2 Year Old

We had dinner with some friends last night and they gave Callen an Elmo song book with an MP3 player. See the picture below. So, our daughter has an MP3 player before either of her parents have an MP3 player or an Ipod. She loves it and has been singing with the songs today!
I've never thought I'd like an Ipod or MP3 player as I like listening to the radio when I'm in the car. However, I must admit the new i-phone is very appealing, given all it will do. Of course, I don't want to pay the high cost; nor do I want to switch from my present mobile carrier.
For those who have Ipods or MP3 players, what appeals to you about these technologies? Anyone have an i-phone? If so, how do you like it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We bought an basic MP3 player for our car not realizing the other benefits. The cd chnager went out and we realized we could put whatever we wanted on it (Max's songs and ours) and have many more otpions to listen to in the car. We use an FM reciever to connect it to the car (Newer cars have direct input spots) but it also serves as a charger for it in the car. The other thing we like the best is that Max uses music to sleep during naps and going to bed. When we travel, we attach a small $24.00 speaker to it, and set it on repeat....voila! No more HUGE cd players lugged around and no worries about remembering the cd....We also used it when we went places we needed to keep Max a little "quieter". He listened to it with headphones during a funeral and at a wedding....I never thought I would think this thing is that great as I am not a huge techno gadget person but I must say it has been great for us....at least for Max.

Anonymous said...

Be wary of the iPhone. It was poor reviews as to "phone" functionality.

Cheers,
Henna