Friday, September 7, 2007

Time Passages

I don't think I'm the only one that thinks that time passes by so quickly. It seems that a work week starts and before I know it, it is Friday already. Of course, the weekends pass by even faster! I remember back when I was in grad school that weekends didn't seem to go by so quickly. Was my life just less busy then? You wouldn't think so -- with all the reading, working on papers and research projects, hanging out with friends, thinking about life after graduate school, etc. Maybe it was just that I sensed more freedom with my time then. Now, with a family, my time seems more bounded. My toddler goes to bed around 8:00 PM; my husband has to be at work at 8:00 AM. We work together to get our daughter ready in the mornings, while at the same time trying to get ourselves ready for our days. And, time passes along. Sometimes I wonder where the time went; I also try to remember the memorable and not so memorable events that have transpired. Maybe this blog will help me to be more reflective of time and time passages.

No comments: