Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Opposites

Tonite as we were having dinner, I asked Callen what all they did in school today. Sometimes she says 'nothing'; other times she talks about playing outside or building things, etc. Tonite she said, 'we played opposites'. So, I proceeded to ask her what was the opposite of about 12 or so different things and she knew almost all of them. I was really surprised.

A month or so ago I bought some placemats for our table in the kitchen. One has the planets, one has A, B, Cs, another has numbers, etc. Callen knows the names of several of the planets by heart now. I am continually amazed that she remembers them! I have trouble remembering which one is which. . .

I think kids are smarter these days than when I was Callen's age, or else my memory of that period in my life is just not as good as it used to be : ).

No comments: