Thursday, October 2, 2008

Lesson Learned

Don't check your luggage if you think you might want to try to get on an earlier flight! According to the Delta people you can't switch! I have a 3 hour layover in Atlanta and there was another connection flight that had available seats. However, the Delta reps said the only possible way for me to even have a chance to get on the earlier flight was to go back out to the luggage check area (so go outside of security!) and beg them to get it off, then go back through security, etc. She said the chances that they would do it would be very slim at best and given how long it takes to get through security she basically said there was no way I'd make the earlier flight.

What happened to airlines calling their luggage people and asking them to pull a bag?? I've had this happen numerous times in the past. I even told her I didn't care if my luggage went on the later plane. Nope - you have to travel with your luggage she said. I should have said -- well, what happens when the airline loses my bag and it doesn't travel with me? But, of course I didn't think about that at the time.

Shelia (stuck in Atlanta for another hour or so at least - ugh!)

1 comment:

Clan Hill said...

I wonder if it's just Delta? My Mom and I went to NYC last week on Delta. My Mother's printed out confirmation said our plane left at 6:30 am. We we at check in at 5:55 and were told we couldn't check our luggage. Apparently, our flight had changed to a 6:20 departure and my Mother never received the update and they have a policy now that you have cannot check your baggage with less than 30 minutes left before your flight. The woman didn't even care that out printout from Delta said the original departure time and said she would have to put us on the next flight. I uttered a curse word and my Mother, thank goodness, was able to politely ask over an over if there was another option to get us on the original flight. With the flick of her fingers on the keyboard, the evil check in lady decided we could check our baggage and board the flight. Stupid stupid Delta.