Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I Know I Shouldn't Be...

so bummed but I really am. Yesterday I had 2 manuscript rejections arrive! Not just 1, but 2! What is really annoying is that one of them had been under review for 4 months! And, then the editor makes a decision based on 1 review! Typically manuscripts are reviewed by 2-3 reviewers. Ugh. The review wasn't even that bad but the editor rejected the manuscript.

On the positive side, it looks like my husband's department may not be eliminated (at least yet). However, it looks like all county employees will be getting a 20% salary cut! Ouch. I don't know about you but we don't have an extra 20% of his salary just laying around that we can 'cut'. As it is now, we don't buy extravagant items, do big, luxurious trips, etc. I am grateful that he has a job (for now) but I am just amazed at how poorly the county we live in is run that they can allow the county to be in such a poor economic situation that they threaten the livelihood of all their employees.

This same county just the other day realized that they had not been billing some organizations appropriately for their sewer usage, including UAB! They informed UAB that it owes over a MILLION dollars! As a county, how do you make an error of this magnitude?

Let's hope today is a better day...

No comments: