Friday, September 5, 2008

Catching Up

I can't believe it has been almost 2 weeks since I last posted. Well, in some ways I guess I can believe it. Our classes started 2 weeks ago and my research activities have been overwhelming at best the last few weeks. And, I had some strange pop-ups occurring on my laptop; I brought it in to our tech person who did some stuff to it. Now, unfortunately I can't get the 'new post' option in blogger to work...Ugh. Not what I need when I have so much else going on right now!

We did get away to the Gulf last weekend. We had a great time. I would include some pix but who has time to actually get them off the digital camera these days? Plus, I'm writing this post from my office when I should be doing the manuscript review that was due last week or working on an R&R that is due on Monday or reading the faculty handbook for my department that we have to vote on changes to at a 3-5 PM meeting today, etc. etc. etc... Yes, you read that correctly - a 3-5 PM meeting on a FRIDAY! But, instead, I procrastinate for a few minutes and do a blog posting because I really do enjoy doing them and I also enjoy avoiding the other work for the moment : ).

I hope that others aren't as frenzied as I am the last few weeks. I'm trying to remember to breathe deeply, relax, and keep my head above water, especially as I'm about to travel again next week.

1 comment:

Mosshouse said...

I'm still steaming with you about a 3-5 pm faculty meeting on a Friday. Faculty meetings are contentious enough without adding anger and resentment about a Friday afternoon meeting!