Thursday, December 20, 2007

Time Again

I know I talk a lot in these blog postings about how fast time goes by, but I have to say it again: I can't believe how fast the last month has gone! The end of the semester is always frenetic with grading, exams, and finishing up everything before the holidays. However, this end of the semester was even more frenetic.

All the departments in my current building had to pack up their departments as we were all moving to a brand new building this week! The new building is so beautiful! So, in the midst of finishing up the semester, we were all packing boxes (I had 39!). In addition, I flew out to a conference last Friday and didn't return until after midnite Tuesday night. I'm also working on a grant proposal that is due in just a few weeks and way too many papers. And, of course, getting ready to travel again in a few days. Bo and I haven't written the 1st Christmas card yet. For all you good friends who have been sending us cards -- we hope to send out cards within the next month : ).

I went to a fabulous workshop at the conference last weekend. It was on Time Management (how ironic, huh!). I'm determined to try to implement some of the wonderful strategies I learned in the all day workshop. For those of you who have seen my prior offices, you'll recall that I'm not the best manager of paper. Hopefully in my new office with my new time management skills, I will be better about this : ).

Even with the time flying by, the travels have been great and all the boxes began to arrive today! Maybe in January I'll have time to start unpacking!

I hope you all have a great holiday season and safe travels wherever you may roam!

No comments: