Saturday, July 9, 2011

Could you take an email sabbatical?

I like danah's advice on how to actually take an email sabbatical. See: How To Take An Email Sabbatical - by danah boyd. However, I've never been able to do it completely. Even when I'm on vacation, I still check in for my email on a daily (usually more than once a day) basis.

And, having email on my mobile phone makes it so much easier to check email now! And, it makes it easier to get rid of junk email very quickly.

I suspect that my various projects would go on even if I didn't check in and respond to email queries, issues, etc. However, I don't know if they would proceed as smoothly if I didn't do this.

I hope to one day be able to do what danah suggests and take an email sabbatical. What about those of you who are tethered to your technological devices, could you take an email sabbatical? Or, for younger generations, a texting sabbatical?

No comments: