Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Slow Posts

I know I haven't been posting much lately, but the last month or so has been really busy at work! I had a big NIH grant that was resubmitted for the final time on March 5th. During the final days of it, I also had to reviews grants for an NSF panel I was on in DC - 12 grants! I always learn a lot but it is a lot of work too! I flew to DC last week, got stuck in Atlanta airport due to the plane we were about to get on being struck by lightening (I sure am glad we weren't on it yet!), did the review panel for 2 days, then went to MD for meetings on Friday. I finally got home Friday night around 9:30 (only 2 hours late, instead of the 5 going to DC!). I was exhausted after the last few weeks.

Then, what do we do on Saturday? We get up and start getting ready to head to NC! I had to go into work for a few hours before we left but we finally left around 3:00. Bo was such a good husband to drive us to NC! We made it to Raleigh around 2 AM (ouch!). He flew home on Sunday and then Callen and I headed to the beach for the week. We've had a great time so far. The weather is phenomenal and Callen loves the beach and the sand! My friend Michelle and her dog CK came last night and hung out with us. Callen loved the dog and even helped walk him some today. Well, I'm not sure who was walking whom given that CK weighs almost double what Callen ways : ). Another friend and her daughter are coming tomorrow. It will be good to see them.

Although we're having fun, I find that I can't do the things I used to before Callen was born. There are some neat art and pottery shops in Beaufort that I always like to go to. We tried going in them today but I didn't want to have to buy something that got broken because Callen wouldn't not touch all the pretty objects. Yep, maybe in another few years or so we can try it. Or, maybe Daddy will come with us next time and Mommy can get to go shopping : ).

Here's to hoping the next few months are not as busy as the past few, and I can post more often!

No comments: